On this, the cusp of years, I offer a short reflection on the coming twelve months. The coming year, in our calendar, is 2015. When we add 2 + 0 + 1 + 5 we get the number 8. In the way that I think of the tarot trumps, VIII is Justice.
This card indicates these themes for us as we enter a new year:
- Creating and maintaining balance/equilibrium
- Equality, fairness, and justice for all people/beings
- Making adjustments to bring things back to an even keel
- Equal return for effort expended
- Dispassionate observation of truth and fair decisions based on that truth
- Simplicity and clarity
- The law and the legal system
What Justice-based questions come to you for all of us to carry throughout 2015? How do you envision yourself and those in your sphere of influence living these themes in the year to come? Please leave your questions and impressions in the Comments section; I’m listening…
Image: Trump VIII, Adjustment (Justice) from the Thoth Tarot by Lady Frieda Harris & Aleister Crowley.