As we approach the season of Samhain here in the Northern Hemisphere, a time when we mark the final harvest and remember those who have gone before us, I asked the question, “What gifts of the ancestors can be helpful to us and our planet in these times?” and drew the 9 of Stones from the Greenwood Tarot.
This card suggests to me that ancestral gifts that can be helpful include:
- Reverence for past wisdom ways.
- Ancestral rituals.
- Deep, earth-connected memory.
- Choosing (and/or being chosen by) a piece of land, then really integrating our lives with it.
- Immersing ourselves in the song of stone, soil, and place.
- Harmonising ourselves with earth’s cycles and rhythms.
- Noticing and ceremonialising the similarities between our bodies and the land.
- Treating our bodies and the places where we live as sanctuaries.
What does this card say to YOU this Samhain? Please tell us; we’re listening…