Thinking back on the piece I wrote on July 11 called “I Don’t, I Do”, I thought it might be fun and interesting to heartstorm a bit around who I am as a tarot consultant and what I do in that role.
WHO AM I AS A TAROT CONSULTANT?
- a tourguide of the soul
- a companion on your pilgrimage to the Self
- a truth discerner
- a confidant
- a coach and counsellor
- a host to your Inner Teacher
WHAT DO I DO AS A TAROT CONSULTANT?
- create collaborative conversations with Life’s wise whispers
- set up a line of communication with your Inner Wisdom
- guide you to remember your deepest questions and answers
- synthesise my knowledge of the tarot with strategic questioning and your experience of the card images
- encourage insight and action so helpful change can happen
- respectfully attend your journey of discovering and expressing your True Self
WHOM DO I SERVE?
- people who are experiencing a lifestyle transition of some kind
- individuals who are emerging from a tough year and who are ready to engage life again
- those who are willing to co-create the tarot experience with me
- groups of people who have chosen to discover and actualise their purpose
- the Shift from a death-dealing culture to a life-sustaining culture
- the Great Mystery / Life / Source / Wholeness / Goddess / Earth
Using the Voyager Tarot, I’ve picked cards to respond to those three questions:
- Who am I as a tarot consultant? XII. Hanged Man. I’m a chrysalis, a container of sacred gestation, a surrenderer to process, a sacrificed ego, and the opposite of what people expect a tarot reader to be.
- As a tarot consultant, what do I do? Four of Crystals. I see what is essential, find the inner logic, make the discoveries make sense, give form to ideas that emerge, and weave the story together.
- As a tarot consultant, whom do I serve? XIII. Death. I serve the process of elimination and transformation, the initiatory experience of death and rebirth, organic change, the ancestors, and the truth of impermanence.