A couple of weeks ago, Theresa Reed (aka the Tarot Lady) gave a fabulous teleseminar on being a good professional tarot practitioner/reader/consultant. The three sections of Intention, Structure, and Connection that she offered were extremely clear and helpful to people of all levels of experience.
As many of you know, I’m a great fan of questions. Questions can open up so many possibilities whereas blanket statements can shut them down fast. Theresa’s presentation called forth a question from my Inner Teacher and I pulled three cards from the Jean Noblet version of the Tarot de Marseille to respond to it, laying them out as a blended triptych or tableau. My question was:
What professional tarot experience can I offer that is my ideal amalgam of integrity, service, attractiveness, and profit?
This picture — composed of La Lune, Le Pape, and Justice — suggested these ideas about an ideal tarot experience for clients:
- A dreamlike ritual of presence.
- The education of both soul and mind.
- Being educated by both soul and mind.
- A journey from awe to understanding to decision.
- A marriage between deep feeling and objective thinking.
- A harmonious balance of of Nature’s fluid guidance and tried-and-true human tradition.
May you and I look at life through the cards together in these ways. So be it!