On the evening of Thursday, April 15, a few of us gathered in my space to explore Tarot for Good Health. We began by drawing a card at random from the Gaian Tarot to respond to “What is health?” The card was the Guardian of Air. Among many things, this suggested that health could be:
- a mature state of mind
- appreciation of the breath/breathing
- a harmonious resonance with all the elements
Our second activity was for each of us to go through our face-up tarot deck and consciously select a card that most looked or felt like us as whole, healthy in every way, then name the healthy qualities we noticed. My card was The Wheel, the tenth trump from the Gaian deck in which I perceived these qualities:
- I’m in tune with my own rhythms and needs and these, in turn, are aligned with Nature’s cycles
- I’m a perfect, living part of a perfect, living universe/cosmos
- I am the hub of my own health
- As an incarnation of the Great Flaring Forth, I am centred/rooted in the Life Force
- The shifts in my mind and body are reliable and natural
Through guided meditation and active imagination, each of us entered our chosen “wholeness card” to experience its landscape and to meet our Inner Healer. A couple of attendees said that physical discomforts vanished during this process. Yay!
Our final activity was to pair off into partners and do four-card layouts with one another: Body, Emotion, Mind, and Spirit. This was simply an assessment of where each person was in the moment in each aspect of hir being. If something looked/felt problematic, they could pick a helper card to receive guidance about how to make changes. The dialogues over these card patterns were fruitful.