One of the most empowering tarot spreads I’ve created is the Wholeness Layout, based on the four corners and centre of Trump XXI, the World. The version I offer here is one for all of humanity. See most depictions of the World card as a reference, then visit the diagram and position numbers and meanings here:
- What mental and communicational choices can contribute to the wholeness of our species/culture?
- What emotional and relational choices can contribute to the wholeness of our species/culture?
- What spiritual and growth-oriented choices can contribute to the wholeness of our species/culture?
- What physical and material choices can contribute to the wholeness of our species/culture?
- What, for our species/culture, is an experience of wholeness?
I used a non-tarot deck, the beautiful Sustain Yourself Cards by James Wanless, to do a reading with this layout.
- CATERPILLAR. As a species/culture, we can think of life as a process, know that we can grow into something different/more, and keep our realised potential at the forefront of our thoughts and speech.
- WAVES. As a species/culture, we can let our feelings flow freely, respect and ride our undulating emotions, and live with the realistic ups and down of relating with one another.
- TULIPS. As a species/culture, we can follow the pull of the life-force in our desires, mate/unite with the Source, and allow our growth to arouse the evolution of all of existence.
- CHEETAH & SUNFLOWER. As a species/culture, we can set high standards for physical health, aspire to health as wealth, and let our material well-being grow out of that at which we excel.
- DEAD FISH. For our species/culture, wholeness can include acceptance of impermanence, composting or recycling the outworn so that something new may flourish, the end of life as we’ve known it as a species, a union of body and Earth, and a release of all that we are not.
Feel free to post your own observations about these cards, or any cards or tools YOU end up drawing, in the Comments section of this blog piece. You can also take the questions to your journal and/or to a conversation circle. What comes to YOU about this reading? We’re listening.
NOTE: WordPress is being difficult and will not allow me to paste the images here. You can look them up online or in your own copy of the deck mentioned.